httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r773881 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x: CHANGES STATUS include/http_core.h modules/filters/mod_include.c server/config.c server/core.c
Date Thu, 21 May 2009 19:08:35 GMT
Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Does somebody else care to share their opinion on this?  Which of these
> are okay?
>
> - existing mod_perl releases (and potentially other third-party modules)
> won't compile with 2.2.12

CORE_PRIVATE may be broken from release to release, it's a necessary
concession to prevent utter stagnation :(

I believe it was a mistake that this particular symbol/this particular
directive is not a part of the mod_includes internals :(

So given we have a .23 mmn bump, perhaps document this in that section.
But the actual behavior of this flag changes significantly and I can't
see how to properly maintain mod_perl, deep internal compatibility.