httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r771998
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 05:57:20 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>> Hah - please explain motivation for changes in the changelog message,
>> likewise!
> It appeared that the choice of config9 was deliberate.  Going on the
> assumption that this was not, and dropping the entire directory back
> to config2 to test this theory.
>> It's broken because there are two config*.m4 files in modules/mappers
>> now which both call APACHE_MODPATH_INIT/FINISH for the same directory.
>> The config9.m4 hence blows away the set up for mod_so.
> Understood.  config2 is required.  config9 may not be.
> Anyone recall the motivation?

In any case, I have a better solution.  mod_so is not a URI mapper, nor
is mod_watchdog.  I created a modules/core/ tree; fixed.

Happy to entertain any better directory name than modules/core/ if someone
has a good suggestion as to how we should group such modules?

Note that the build is broken right now for mod_lua; it indiscriminately
adds /usr/lib without asking pkgconfig what to do, first :)

View raw message