httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_ftp alpha/beta?
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 18:26:48 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On May 5, 2009, at 11:56 AM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
>> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> I'd like to work on a mod_ftp release to go along
>>> with the 2.2.12 release... I think baselining mod_ftp
>>> for only 2.2.x makes sense, and I'd really like to get a
>>> release out.
>>>
>>> What's the status? I've done some prelim tests and they
>>> look good.
>>
>> See STATUS?
>
> For an *alpha*?

Actually, a beta, but of course!  You ask for status, we point you to
status :)  Why would we revert to alpha anyways?

http://httpd.apache.org/download.html

Nothing substantial changed since the last release vote passed, only;

  *) Corrected logged count of bytes STORed or APPEnded when >4GB.
     [Jim Jagielski, William Rowe]

so if anyone is itching to fix this bug, I'm ok with another beta.

I see you just resolved the FTPLimit schema.  The .h's just need to be
corrected in order to bless this as release [it doesn't stop us at httpd
core, but I'd like to set a slightly higher bar for public/private APIs ;-]

We probably aught to resolve the low-numbered port binding which I believe
I know how to do without offending sensibilities [after reviewing the
voluminous complaints against mod_watchdog's initial design and behavior
within the parent process.]  If we overcame that unexpected restriction
(it would be sad to ship a ftp /release/ without addressing ports 22/21 ;-]
then I see no reason for this not to undergo a 1.0.0 release vote.