httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfcl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy / mod_proxy_balancer
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 16:07:39 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On May 5, 2009, at 11:13 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>

>> I am trying to get the worker->id and the scoreboard associated logic
>> moved in the reset() when using a balancer, those workers need a
>> different handling if we want to have a shared information area for them.
>>

> The thing is that those workers are not really handled
> by the balancer itself (nor should be), so the reset() shouldn;'t
> apply. IMO, mod_proxy inits the generic forward/reverse workers
> and m_p_b should handle the balancer-related ones.

Ok by running first the m_p_b child_init() the worker is initialised by
the m_p_b logic and mod_proxy won't change it later.

> And those
> are the only one that have lbmethods associated with them
> and use (or will use :) ) reset().

There is always a lbmethod associated to a balancer (for the moment
byrequests) so we should be able to have the worker belonging to a
balancer initialised there and the shared information also
created/initialized there too.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic