httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy / mod_proxy_balancer
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 14:49:55 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>
>> On May 5, 2009, at 4:45 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> There are 2 weird things in the logic.
>>> - In ap_proxy_add_worker_to_balancer() we make a copy of the worker,
>>> why not just the address?
>>> If you looks to child_init() in mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer we
>>> see that mod_proxy initialise one copy and mod_proxy_balancer the
>>> other, it is working but one of the copies is never used.
>>>
>>> - We want the child_init of mod_proxy before mod_proxy_balancer, that
>>> prevents reset() of the balancer_method to control the creation of
>>> the worker.
>>>

>> Yeah, all on target.
>>

> The next thing I am on is the ap_proxy_create_worker() called for
> reverse and forward (conf->reverse and conf->forward).
> ap_proxy_create_worker() fills the worker->id and they use
> ap_proxy_initialize_worker_share().e really need a shared information
> for those?

I already answered that to you ;)

The rest of the code doesn't differentiate the worker types,
so it is presumed that the worker has a share.
Sure you can use the malloc for the share, but then you will
have no track of data transfers on those workers.

May I ask why is that such a problem?

Regards
--
^(TM)