httpd-dev mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r769020 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy: balancers/mod_lbmethod_bybusyness.c balancers/mod_lbmethod_byrequests.c balancers/mod_lbmethod_bytraffic.c balancers/mod_lbmethod_heartbeat.c mod_proxy.h proxy_util.c
Date Fri, 01 May 2009 08:50:41 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2009, at 4:04 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> wrote:
>>> Author: jim
>>> Date: Mon Apr 27 15:02:40 2009
>>> New Revision: 769020
>>> Log:
>>> Fold in initial template for methods to be able to
>>> reset (initialize) and "age" their data, useful when
>>> adding new workers, or when workers come back into
>>> the fold....
>>> Logic and code to come in a bit :)
>> In fact the reset() allow to create the worker but we will still
>> create it in the mod_proxy_balancer, correct?
> Yes... plus, reset means different things to each balancer, since they
> use different vars for tracking

So the reset is going to be call in the add_member() just after
ap_proxy_add_worker_to_balancer() correct?

runtime->id = proxy_lb_workers;
In fact prevents that reset() to be able to generate id for worker.
In mod_cluster for example I have a saved configuration of worker and I
am restoring on cold restart I would like the id to be the slotmem id,
does it make sense to move the id generation to the reset()?

View raw message