httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Poirier <poir...@pobox.com>
Subject State of Apache::Test?
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2009 17:12:21 GMT
I'm wondering - what's the state of Apache::Test and httpd/test?  Are
there active developers using them who understand how they work?  Or
have they fallen into disuse?

Background: I wanted to see if I could write some tests for the new SNI
features, so I started looking at Apache::Test.  Unfortunately it's been
some years since I had my head deep into the Perl way of doing things,
and even after looking over the documentation, I think it would take me
a long time to get to the point where I could write new tests there.

I also notice that the mailing list for Apache::Test seems to be
abandoned, and there have been very few commits to httpd/test in a long
time.  Which leads me to wonder if the whole framework is headed toward
abandonment.

Also, has there been any discussion of an alternative test framework for
Apache?  Even if it's still actively supported, Apache::Test seems to
have an awfully steep learning curve.

--
Dan Poirier <poirier@pobox.com>