httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Xiaohu Fan <fanxiaoh...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Profile apache 2.2.11
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:01:04 GMT
Hi,
I have been trying to profile apache 2.2.11 using Gprof by compiling it with
"-g -pg" option.

MaxRequestsPerChild is changed to 1 in httpd.conf .

I Start apache with "httpd -X" option and make a single request and then
close the browser, the server terminated as expected. However, the gmon.out
file is not produced!!!!

If I type http -k start and then http -k stop, it always gona produce a
gmon.out file. but with no meanigful output regarding to the page visited (I
mean visiting or not visiting pages, the gmon.out is always the same).

   Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Frank