httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: New syntax for httpd on Windows commandline stop/restart
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 20:14:30 GMT
Rainer Jung wrote:

> httpd -k start -n MyApache: start MyApache as a service
> httpd -k start -N MyApache: start MyApache as a console app
>
> and then the same for stop, shutdown, restart.

Just FYI; the console will need more than just one signal to one PID,
right now there are service stop and service graceful restart.

That service stop must become ungraceful; it turns out that shutting
down we simply don't have the time to let folks unspool their connections.
So if it's the native 'stop' as ungraceful, and our current service signal
128 as graceful restart, I'm planning to add 129 ungraceful restart and
130 graceful stop.