httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: New syntax for httpd on Windows commandline stop/restart
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:21:21 GMT
On 27.04.2009 20:11, Mario Brandt wrote:
> Hi Rainer,
> is there realy a need for that?
> You can stop it with Ctrl + c and restart it with ctrl + break.

I know that (from the code, I think it is not really mentioned in the
docs). I do like the idea of having a mostly uniform commandline
interface between console use and service use. So one could use the same
"-k" command (start, stop, shutdown, restart) for a service and for
httpd as a console application, and if you don't use the additional new
flag, you are controlling a service, if you use the additional new flag
you are controlling a console application. That way makes testing and
using a configuration via the console very analogous to controling the
service.

I didn't yet test, whether you can use the new console commandline
between different login sessions or even different users. But that would
be no serious reason for adding the flag.

Actually one could question, whether httpd run as a console application
should still block the prompt once the control command even work for the
console mode.

Regards,

Rainer