httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid support
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 22:51:24 GMT
Chris Darroch wrote:

>   It's also worth assuming, I think, that mod_fcgid isn't going
> to be back-ported and included in the 2.2.x distribution anytime soon.
>
>   Given that, I suppose we should look at continuing a 2.x branch
> for mod_fcgid (with improved autoconf magic, obviously), at least
> until a httpd 2.4.x is released with mod_fcgid in it.
>
>   It's slightly inconvenient but I'll willing to start digging into
> the autoconf stuff and generally trying to get a branch going
> before we add it into httpd trunk.  How do others feel?

Chris, I'm really confused.  Are you asking to branch httpd trunk into
a 2.4 branch (bad, we aren't there) or a 2.3 branch (overkill IMHO, if
we don't have cycles to get to 2.4/3.0 with what's in trunk, we certainly
don't have cycles to make the determinations of what is in 2.4 vs 3.0).

Or asking for an fcgid brach?  You can do whatever you like in the sandbox
including preparing a 2.2 or 2.0 flavor from the initial import.  (To then
release it requires a vote of the PMC, of course).

Or what, exactly ;-?