httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: mod_include supporting POST subrequests
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:07:33 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:

> I did and, frankly, it is not the solution I was looking for. One has to
> define a max. body size to be kept. The body is kept in RAM which can
> be a problem unless KeptBodySize is rather small. So I developed my
> patch further.
>
> It defers now the ap_discard_request_body call as much as possible. This
> gives output filters the chance to read the req body. If the client is
> expecting a "100 Continue" message it is sent just before the first
> line of output.
>
> Is there a chance for the patch to make it into 2.3++? If yes I'll merge
> it with the KEPT_BODY stuff.

Having two separate mechanisms to solve the same problem is not ideal.
In addition, creating a solution that only works in one place
(mod_include), is less ideal still.

It should be relatively straightforward to amend the KEEP_BODY and
KEPT_BODY filters so that, by default, the first attempt to read the
body is passed through, and the second and subsequent attempts to read
the body return an empty brigade.

This will give you the behaviour you are looking for, and it will work
anywhere within the server, not just in mod_include.

Regards,
Graham