httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Adopting mod_remoteip to modules/metadata/ ?
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:03:35 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> I have essentially finished mod_remoteip at this point and am looking
> to find out the interest level of adopting this as a core module into
> trunk (modules/metadata/ appears to be the most appropriate target)?

+1.

I had to code up a similar feature recently in something that needed to
know the end user's IP address, this will be very useful for apps behind
load balancers and reverse proxies.

> If I get enough +1's this week I'll move the module and whip up some docs,
> but in the meantime, here's the experimental config I was working with;
>
> RemoteIpHeader X-IP
> RemoteIpProxiesHeader X-Via-IP
>
> RemoteIPTrustedProxy 192.168.0. localhost/8
> RemoteIPInternalProxy 192.168.1
>
> RemoteIPInternalProxyList conf/internal.lst
> RemoteIPTrustedProxyList conf/trusted-xff.lst
>
> Header echo X-Via-IP
> Header echo X-IP
>
> (the trusted-xff.lst is from the wikimedia XFF project).

(Having not yet had a chance to look at the code) How is the possibility
of multiple IPs in the same header handled, eg:

Regards,
Graham