httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Preethi Natarajan" <>
Subject RE: HTTP over SCTP
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:21:15 GMT

Sometime ago, we were directed to do the same. You can find a report (and
patch) here --

Breifly, the mods to httpd/APR are:
- new Listen directive to include the transport information (I believe this
piece created some discussion and we didn't arrive at any conclusion).
- changes to configure files to detect sendmsg and recvmsg in the system to
send/recv on specific SCTP streams.

We would also like to explore the possibility of introducing new send and
recv APIs that can have the SCTP stream ID as another argument -- kind of
wrappers for sctp_sendmsg and sctp_recvmsg.

View raw message