httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kevac Marko <ma...@kevac.org>
Subject Re: mod_dbd analogue for memcached
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:03:19 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Brian Akins <brian@akins.org> wrote:
> Is this based on the existing mod_memcache?

After some observation of apr_memcache I have realized that mod_dbd
pools are not needed here, because apr_memcache have own pools to each
memcache server. So it can be based on existing mod_memcache.

For our needs, mod_memcache (http://code.google.com/p/modmemcache/)
will need one major change: memcache groups.

<MemcacheGroup group01>
    MemcacheServer localhost:1234
    MemcacheServer localhost:1235
</MemcacheGroup>

<MemcacheGroup group01>
    MemcacheServer localhost:1234
    MemcacheServer localhost:1235
</MemcacheGroup>

And memcache API:

ap_memcache_client(server_rec *s)
ap_memcache_client_group(server_rec *s, char *group_name)

As i have already mentioned, we need dynamic memcache servers within
groups. That can be implemented as separated module which can take
memcache structure from mod_memcache and enable/disable/add/remove
needed servers according to some rules.

--
Marko Kevac