httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r758278 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: modules/arch/unix/mod_unixd.c server/mpm/experimental/event/event.c server/mpm/prefork/prefork.c server/mpm/simple/simple_api.c server/mpm/worker/worker.c
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 12:45:28 GMT
On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Ruediger Pluem <rpluem@apache.org> wrote:

> On 03/25/2009 03:50 PM, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > Author: trawick
> > Date: Wed Mar 25 14:50:24 2009
> > New Revision: 758278

> > Log:
> > The rewrite-args hook isn't available to MPM DSOs.  Piggy-back on the
> > linked-in mod_unixd.c to handle that.
>
> The problem is that mod_unixd can be compiled dynamically as well. So IMHO

this either needs to go in core (preferred) or in mod_dso.

agreed; I'll move this to core

I'll probably put some default MPM hooks in core too (the ones that are tied
to the scoreboard layout, which the MPM itself can't change); its not much
code to share/save, but at least it makes it more clear which
characteristics are hard-wired into the server

unfortunately, the enablement of some of this code in core is broken down by
platform

for now at least, we expect httpd on Unix to support/react to the "-k
ACTION" signals, regardless of MPM, and that's the only arg-rewriting
requirement, so it fits nicely in core

WinNT MPM OTOH has some MPM-specific stuff going on in its arg rewriting

I'll commit something that moves it in the right direction, and chat some
more.