httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject current status of loadable MPM changes
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:45:32 GMT
http://people.apache.org/~trawick/loadable_mpms.txt

(you'll find additional stuff I forgot/didn't realize before long)

something I'm in a relative hurry to get feedback on is this part:

2. retain data

   How can MPMs retain data across unload of the DSO?
s->process->server_pool userdata
   won't work as-is because there's no server_rec in the pre_config hook.

   Proposal: Add ap_set_retained_data(key, value),
ap_get_retained_data(key) APIs
             (implementation detail: it will set/get userdata on pglobal)

             Although not necessary, provide ap_get_config_count()
(better name!) to
             indicate how many passes of config have completed.  (The
interface could be
             a global variable, but some third-party module would
inevitably clear it.)