httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Mansion <bmans...@mamasam.net>
Subject Re: mod_lua and GSoC 2009
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:56:02 GMT
Hi Peter,

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM, Peter Cawley <corsix@corsix.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> As the Google Summer of Code 2008 work on mod_lua (then mod_wombat)
> never materialized, I'd like to work on it this year as a GSoC
> project.

That would be excellent !

> I've written a preliminary proposal at
> http://corsix.org/gsoc/lua_apr.html , however I'm slightly concerned
> that it may take me less than the full 12 weeks of GSoC to complete
> this.

Well, this already looks like a lot to me. You might also have to deal
with bugs in apr...

> Hence I'd like to pose two questions to people interested in
> mod_lua:
> * Would you be interested in mentoring a GSoC project on mod_lua?

If no one steps in, I would be interested although I think I am less
skilled than you so maybe other mod_lua contributors might be better.

> * Is there anything else which you think could be done to mod_lua
> within the scope of GSoC?

It is also missing a way to deal with POST and multipart forms.
Functions used from util_script.c should be moved directly into
mod_lua IMO and should be corrected (used add instead of set for the
arguments, correct the DoS, ...). I would be happy to participate if
needed, but I am not as fluent in Lua as you although I am improving
:)

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam