httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: some advice re: custom WebDav (mod_dav)
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 08:55:21 GMT

On 13 Mar 2009, at 01:50, Loyal wrote:

> To accomplish all this, I thought I'd create a modified version of
> mod_dav
> for Apache and run this non-standard config on a dedicated box.

In principle that makes perfect sense.  What you need to do is (mostly)
to create a new fs provider for mod_dav, using mod_dbd to provide
the backend.

In practice that's a lot more complex than it should be: support in
mod_dav for alternative providers is patchy.

Having BTDT (up to a point), if I were to revisit this task I'd want
to update the core mod_dav quite significantly, rather than always
try to work around its shortcomings (as I did at the time).

--
Nick Kew