httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Martino <ciacc...@yahoo.com>
Subject HTTP pipelining in keep-alive requests
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:32:37 GMT

Hi all,

For a small project I'm working on (a Java-UPNP server) I'm trying to replicate some Apache
functions, and there is one I can't figure out on my own (I looked at the code but I didn't
understand how it works).

Let's assume the httpd receives the following pipelined requests (WITHOUT content-lenght header):

|<-- from here -->|
POST /endpoint HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-alive
Host:192.168.1.40

<soap>bla bla bla</soap>GET /description HTTP/1.1
Connection: Keep-alive
Host:192.168.1.40

|<-- to here -->|

I noticed that somehow the webserver is able to detect the second request, even if theoretically
the second get could be part of the first put, how does it work? How does apache figure out
when the first PUT is complete? Does apache consider new lines, new packets, or delays? Or
does it only consider the socket content?

Thanks a lot for everything that could help me duplicate this... ;-)
Andrea