httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rashmi Badan <rashmi.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache 2.2.10 with IPV6 on windows
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:22:39 GMT
Hi All,

There was a similar mail from someone else in the past but I did not
find any resolution to the matter. I am facing the same problem (given
below) and would much appreciate any help on this.

I have apache 2.2.10 with APR_HAVE_IPV6 set to 1 and I am trying to
run this build on a windows box which is IPV6-enabled. I see the
following error in the error_log and apache fails to start.

[Thu Mar 12 02:08:48 2009] [crit] (OS 109)The pipe has been ended.  :
setup_inherited_listeners: Unable to read socket data from parent
[Thu Mar 12 02:08:48 2009] [crit] Parent: child process exited with
status 3 -- Aborting.

Is there a way to fix this? It works fine with APR_HAVE_IPV6 set to 0
(i.e apache with only IPV4 support) but this is not an option for me.
Any help with this will be much appreciated. Also, if this ought to go
into a different mailing list then please let me know which one.

Thanks,
Rashmi