httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@novell.com>
Subject Re: criteria for axing MPMs from the tree
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:05:07 GMT
<49CB6D2B020000AC0003C68F@lucius.provo.novell.com>, "Brad Nicholes"
<BNICHOLES@novell.com> wrote:
> A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> trawick@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Votes:
>>>
>>> [+1] yank BeOS MPM from trunk
>>> [+1] yank OS/2 MPM from trunk
>>
>> and for completeness
>>    [+1] yank Netware from trunk
>>
>> Netware is 'done' - surely some will use it for another 5 years
>> but not for 'new software'.  Their 2.2 build is sufficient IMHO.
>>
>> A totally separate vote/discussion is required on dev@apr.
>
> FWIW, netware still builds and runs in trunk.  If you yank the MPM, then I
> guess netware really will be done. :(

Just to follow up.  Apache 2.0.x for NetWare is the only version that is still shipping on
the NetWare platform.  I am not sure if anybody is really using Apache 2.2.x for NetWare or
not.  I expect that there are a few loyal NetWare fans out there that upgraded to 2.2 on there
own.  Apache 2.3.x and beyond, no plans to use it, ship it and I can only really maintain
it to make sure that things still build and appear to run correctly.  So basically, if you
all decide to pull the NetWare MPM, then I guess I don't have to worry about maintaining apache
for NetWare beyond 2.2.x.

Brad