httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTP pipelining in keep-alive requests
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 06:57:47 GMT
On 26.03.2009 07:32, Andrea Martino wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a small project I'm working on (a Java-UPNP server) I'm trying to replicate some
Apache functions, and there is one I can't figure out on my own (I looked at the code but
I didn't understand how it works).

> Let's assume the httpd receives the following pipelined requests (WITHOUT content-lenght
header):

> |<-- from here -->|
> POST /endpoint HTTP/1.1
> Connection: Keep-alive
> Host:192.168.1.40
>
> <soap>bla bla bla</soap>GET /description HTTP/1.1
> Connection: Keep-alive
> Host:192.168.1.40
>
> |<-- to here -->|
>
> I noticed that somehow the webserver is able to detect the second request,
> even if theoretically the second get could be part of the first put, how does
> it work? How does apache figure out when the first PUT is complete? Does apache
> consider new lines, new packets, or delays? Or does it only consider the
socket content?

It does not. Your request is invalid. Either you need to provide a
content-length header for the length of your your request body or you
need to send it in chunked encoding.

Regards

RĂ¼diger