httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Apache Cache configuration
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 10:35:49 GMT
dreamice wrote:

> I configured the Apache cache mode by following the httpd document sample.
> My configure is:
>
> <IfModule mod_cache.c>
> <IfModule mod_mem_cache.c>
> CacheEnable mem /
> CacheRoot /home/alex/apache/logs
> MCacheSize 4096
> MCacheMaxObjectCount 1000
> MCacheMinObjectSize 1
> MCacheMaxObjectSize 2048
> MCacheRemovalAlgorithm  "LRU"
> </IfModule>
> </IfModule>
>
> Unfortunately, there is no cache in my system. And all the client requests
> are passed to the real server.

You're using the memory cache, so you're not going to find any cache on
disk (I am assuming you expect to find it at /home/alex/apache/logs?).

You're probably looking for the disk cache instead.

Also, make sure your content is cacheable in the first place. Many
application servers put cache control headers in that ask caches not to
cache, and httpd will respect these headers.

Regards,
Graham