httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "chekmarev.alex" <chekmarev.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Idea to (probably) GSoC 2009 about Apache HTTPD 2.0
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:38:04 GMT

Hello,

I would like to apply Google Summer Of Code this year as a student and have
an idea that probably would be useful. Hence, this could be added to "ideas
list" if the Apache will be accepted by GSoC this year.
The idea, at all, has no concrete applications, and in theory I thought of
adding some AI cases to web-server, to make this more "alive" and "magic".
The AI module would help a server to balance loading based on current server
state and detected parameters, and to correct the server's next step or
decision "how to act in the concrete time moment". This will make server
"feel" its evironment(working with certain clients and resources) and
configure itself based on the task it used for. Also, it will allow the
server to learn on its own lifeline and so on.

Any other ideas about this and discussions are welcome
----
Chekmarev Alex<chekmarev.alex at gmail..com>