httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Padmanabhan S N <padd...@yahoo.com>
Subject apache prefork mpm graceful restarts
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:09:44 GMT

httpd version : 2.2.9

It looking at how the prefork mpm handles graceful restarts.

Even with a keep-alive connection, I would like graceful restarts to handle the current in-flight
request and come out as soon as the request is processed. But that doesnt seem to be the case
currently. Looks like we wait either for the connection to be closed or the keep-alive timeout
to kickin.

Shouldn't ap_graceful_stop_signalled() return die_now rather than 0 ? I understand that this
is done on purpose, but couldn't figure out the reason.

Can someone shed light on this.

Thanks,
Padhu.