httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Florian S." <flo....@gmx.net>
Subject additional lbmethods in mod_proxy_balancer
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:34:49 GMT
Hi everyone!

I'm desperately trying to implement an additional loadbalancing
algorithm. Did anyone succeeded in declaring own methods?

The httpd-users-list did not give any reply, so I'll try it here once
again.

I'm not able to find the error since I adapted the major part from the
original. After patching and compiling my 2.2.11, the standard methods
still work fine, but mine does not seem to exist:

My error is:
ProxySet: unknown lbmethod lbmethod=byfoobar

I changed the mod_proxy_balancer.c three times, as required:

I added my function:
static proxy_worker *find_best_byfoobar(proxy_balancer *balancer,
request_rec *r)

I added the struct:
static const proxy_balancer_method byfoobar =
{
    "byfoobar",
    &find_best_byfoobar,
    NULL
};

And I finally registered it by inserting:
ap_register_provider(p, PROXY_LBMETHOD, "byfoobar", "0", &byfoobar);
in the
static void ap_proxy_balancer_register_hook(apr_pool_t *p)

Very strange, since I did everything exactly in the same way as it had
been done for the built-in methods.

Hoping that I'm posting to the right list
and
Thanks in advance,

Florian Schröder