httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Haroon Taheri" <i...@procomit.de>
Subject Modularity of Apache 2.2.11
Date Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:19:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am writing my thesis in business studies about modularity of open source
software at the University of Hamburg, Germany.

I try to visualize and explore the modules of Apache (2.2.11) with the
program Lattix Dependency Manager LDM (www.lattix.com) which is creating a
so called Design Structure Matrix (DSM). The aim is to find out the modules
of Apache to make a statement of how much Apache is modularized compared to
other open source software.

I am using function calls to find out whether there is a link between two
source code files and the include-command to find out whether there is link
between a header-file and a source file, Lattix is then showing a dependency
in a matrix, when a link exists.

To validate the Apache software architecture with the DSM which LDM created,
I need someone who can explain me the structure and design of Apache in
respect of modules.

Can someone help me? Or has someone resources which I could consult?

Thanks you very much in advance!

Haroon