httpd-dev mailing list archives

From traw...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Re: criteria for axing MPMs from the tree
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:36:29 GMT
On Mar 26, 2009 11:49am, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Mar 26, 2009, at 4:18 AM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> On 26.03.2009 09:04, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> [ ] MPM from trunk wouldn't build/serve a page on Linux prior to changes

> for MPM DSO support[ ] MPM from last 2.2.x release wouldn't build/serve a

> page on Linux

> [ ] Brad/Brian/David speak up regarding the several non-Unix MPMs

> [ ] ???

> If somebody is actively using something besides (WinNT, prefork, worker,

> event, simple), I'm very happy to make the changes required by the MPM DSO

> support, but I don't want to waste my time (supposedly there are some
> things

> to see in Amsterdam!).

> Generally, nobody should be wasting their time on the little MPM museum we

> have.

> We should axe

> leader

> perchild

> threadpool

> +1

Those three are now gone.

In the 2.2.x CHANGES file there is no mention of BeOS or OS/2 (or "OS2" for
that matter). I think those two MPMs should be removed.

* In early 2.2.x at least, somebody was maintaining Netware; I imagine that
2.2.x still works fine.
* The last BeOS-specific MPM change I can find was in 2004
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=102941).
* The last OS/2-specific MPM change I can find was in 2003
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=101826).

Votes:

[ ] yank BeOS MPM from trunk
[ ] yank OS/2 MPM from trunk