httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Mansion <bmans...@mamasam.net>
Subject Re: mod_wombat and mod_lua
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:08:40 GMT
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:
> Brian McCallister wrote:
>>
>> Brian, Bertrand, and others are using (variations on in many cases)
>> mod_wombat right now, pulling it into trunk is good in the long term,
>> but it leaves some folks hanging.
>>
>> I'm thinking we should maintain the mod_wombat tree as an external
>> backport to 2.2. It can use Brian's thread scope approach (thugh I
>> actually want to change it to add the pool still, and backport all the
>> rest of the trunk changes), and keep the apreq2 dependency, for
>> example.
>
> I guess if people are using it, but personally I'd rather sort out the lack
> of apreq in trunk (pulling in the parts that make sense to httpd trunk), an
> try to shape it up rather than spending time on two branches with diverging
> code....

How would you do that ? I am a novice so I can only imagine, maybe a
new module in APR-Util ? Will it have to handle file uploads and
creation of temporary files, and is there already some functions in
APR that can help ? Did you think of an API ? Apreq2 does a bit too
much IMO.

--
Bertrand Mansion
Mamasam