httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <>
Subject Re: [summary] accept mod_fcgid codebase into httpd project
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:01:31 GMT
On Jan 27, 2009, at 9:44 AM, Chris Darroch wrote:
>>    The httpd-mod_fcgid.xml file is my first whack at the IP clearance
>> template.
>   I renamed this .xml.utf8 this morning because I realized it has some
> non-ASCII UTF-8 character sequences in it.  I don't know if those will
> pass through the Incubator's XML-to-HTML transformation smoothly;
> if not,
> they could probably be removed.

I ended up fixing all website generation to utf-8 -- I am surprised
that it lasted this long with just iso-8859-1.

>> 4) The code package is a checkout of the CVS trunk from SourceForge;
>>    all I've done is insert LICENSE and NOTICE files, add AL 2.0
>> license
>>    text to all .c, .h, .rc, and .mk files (following the httpd
>> example)
>>    and prune out some small text and CVS files.
>   Assuming the Incubator IP clearance review passes, I'd suggest that
> we import the code into SVN by starting not with this temporary
> package,
> but with a cvs2svn export of the SourceForge commit history.  The
> relicensing can then follow as a single subsequent commit.  Sound OK?

Yes, that is what I prefer as well.  All paperwork is done, so please
let us know when you have an export.  I (or one of the other svnadmins)
will have to massage it a bit to prefix the sourceforge ids, so just
point us to the dump file when you have it ready.

View raw message