httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Lars Eilebrecht" <l...@eilebrecht.net>
Subject Re: use of APR_SENDFILE_ENABLED in mod_disk_cache
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:35:55 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote on 2009-02-07 22:03:38:

> IMHO this is correct. The problem is that we do not know at this
> point of time how EnableSendFile is set. We are in the quick handler
> and have not done any directory walks (and in fact if the cached
> entry is good we never will).
> So the only option I see here is to add another directive for
> mod_disk_cache to determine what should be done.

Well, but if EnableSendfile is configured in the main config
or vhost we get the setting by looking at the core_module config.
Of course you are right that this doesn't work when it is defined
inside a Location or Directory section.

We could just add a note to the mod_disk_cache configuration that
EnableSendfile will only be taken into account when configured
globally for the server or vhost. IMHO that's good enough for
such a special case. I would like to avoid a dedicated sendfile
directive just for mod_disk_cache.

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht