httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <br...@akins.org>
Subject Re: [mod_lua] vm management
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:38:28 GMT
On 2/6/09 9:40 AM, "Bertrand Mansion" <bmansion@mamasam.net> wrote:

>  I remember having met a lot
> of problems with the old mod_wombat due to persistent states, even
> with cache set to "never". In the end, I had to restart the server
> each time I modified a lua source file. It seems that you suggest to
> reintroduce features that would make this happen again.

Actually, that is exactly what I want.  I don't want it to be by default,
but I want it to be available to those who need it.
The overhead to creating a lua state is very low.  Most of the time is spent
parsing the file ("compiling" it if you will).  If you need to handle
several thousand requests per second, however, even this small amount of
overhead is too much.  I'd like to have the option - without maintaining a
hacked version - to do have persistent per thread lua states.

--bakins