httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Akins <br...@akins.org>
Subject Re: Mod_lua "per thread" states/scopes
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:20:05 GMT
Here's a patch just to give you an idea of what I'm thinking.  It compiled.
This is more to get some ideas going to see how/iff this fits into mod_lua.

The biggest issue is that the package_paths are per_dir and in post_config,
you can't really get at those in a useful way.  I "precompile" all of the
server scoped handlers in post_config so that there is no worry about that
once we start taking requests.

This just makes an array of pools sized at thread_limit, so that basically
each thread has it's own pool.  I use the connection->id to determine what
thread a request is running in, bcs there is no real way to get at that.  I
used worker here, so this may not work anywhere else as it's tied to how
worked calculated the connection->id.  Since the pool is per thread, we
don't have to worry about any locking (in worker at least).

--bakins