httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Plüm, Rüdiger, VF-Group" <ruediger.pl...@vodafone.com>
Subject Re: new watchdog module
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:36:43 GMT

Why can these tasks not be performed by a dedicated child?

> Making the module running as root is very easy and
> average 'Joe the Developer' can already use such a feature
> with or without this option.

That was not my point. The current ways for a developer to do this
IMHO point him more obviously to the fact that his code is running
under root than the watchdog API would do.

Besides Jeffs points remain valid apart from running with root or not.

Regards

Rüdiger