httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@skife.org>
Subject Re: Getting pool associated with current thread/child
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 00:23:37 GMT
On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:54 PM, Paul Querna <chip@force-elite.com> wrote:

> I think doing it via the mpm/extending the request rec is the right way
> to do it, and I don't understand why there is resistance to just doing
> it that way?

I don't think there is resistance, it is just a chunk of code *I* am
not comfortable making changes to as I do not grok it, yet.

If you make such a change, or can point me to something to explain how
they work, it seems like a good approach -- we'll just need to
document that it is not safe to hold onto the pool if you use it.

-Brian