httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@skife.org>
Subject Getting pool associated with current thread/child
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 23:14:43 GMT
So, in mod_lua I need to get the apr pool associated with the current
thread (that being the main thread if in prefork).

Paul suggested that this is not possible, presently, and suggested
adding a current_thread field to the request_rec, which each mpm would
need to ensure is correct when it does things with the request (I
would be more specific, but "does things" is as detailed as I can go
at the moment ;-).

Alternately, an APR function like apr_current_thread(): *apr_thread_t,
would, I believe satisfy my need as I believe I can get the pool from
the thread struct.

Not sure the best path forward, suggestions?

-Brian