httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <>
Subject Re: mod_wombat and mod_lua
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:37:59 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> Brian, Bertrand, and others are using (variations on in many cases)
> mod_wombat right now, pulling it into trunk is good in the long term,
> but it leaves some folks hanging.
> I'm thinking we should maintain the mod_wombat tree as an external
> backport to 2.2. It can use Brian's thread scope approach (thugh I
> actually want to change it to add the pool still, and backport all the
> rest of the trunk changes), and keep the apreq2 dependency, for
> example.

I guess if people are using it, but personally I'd rather sort out the
lack of apreq in trunk (pulling in the parts that make sense to httpd
trunk), an try to shape it up rather than spending time on two branches
with diverging code....

If we really want an external usable version, what I would recommend is
put a few ifdefs in, and try to make the version in httpd trunk
buildable with 2.2.x rather than using the mod_wombat sources.

View raw message