httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with EOS optimisation in ap_core_output_filter() and file buckets.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:35:00 GMT
Graham Dumpleton wrote:
> 2009/2/17 Joe Orton <jorton@redhat.com>:
>>> I did used to perform a dup, but was told that this would cause
>>> problems with file locking. Specifically was told:

>> I'm getting lost here.  What has file locking got to do with it?  Does
>> mod_wscgi rely on file locking somehow?

I'm lost as well :)

> In WSGI applications, it is possible for the higher level Python web
> application to pass back a file object reference for the response with
> the intent that the WSGI adapter use any optimised methods available
> for sending it back as response. This is where file buckets come into
> the picture to begin with.

Now it looks that you are trying to intermix the third party
maintained native OS file descriptors and file buckets.
You can create the apr_file_t from apr_os_file_t
(Think you'll have platform portability issues there)
but the major problem would be to ensure the life cycle
of the object, since Python has it's own GC and httpd has
it's pool.
IMHO you will need a new apr_bucket provider written in
Python and C for something like that.

Regards
--
^(TM)