httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Deffontaines <>
Subject Re: Documentation request for review
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:30:57 GMT
Dan Poirier wrote:
> "Lars Eilebrecht" <> writes:
>> Vincent Deffontaines wrote on 2009-02-08 13:20:23:
>>> While reviewing Lucien's french translation for the trunk performance
>>> tuning guide (misc/perf-tuning.xml), it has come to my understanding
>>> that this document contains extremely old, and probably outdated,
>>> information.
>> Yes, this page is really *really* outdated.
>> IMHO we should consider removing it or at least adding a note that
>> the stuff is outdated.
> If it's badly outdated, we should either fix it or remove it.  The net
> has too much outdated information on it already :-)  The outdated page
> would still be in subversion if anyone wants to work on it later.
> That said, it looks to me as if much of the information there is still
> relevant, such as the Run-time Configuration section.  It seems worth
> preserving.

Then here is my suggestion :
We can keep this page, and remove these sections totally :
"accept Serialization - multiple sockets"
"accept Serialization - single socket"
"Lingering Close"
"Scoreboard File"
"Appendix: Detailed Analysis of a Trace"

The rest of the page seems accurate enough for me.
I can do it if you guys confirm that is OK for you.

View raw message