httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Deffontaines <vinc...@gryzor.com>
Subject Documentation request for review
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2009 12:20:23 GMT
Greetings,

While reviewing Lucien's french translation for the trunk performance
tuning guide (misc/perf-tuning.xml), it has come to my understanding
that this document contains extremely old, and probably outdated,
information.

URL for the HTML version is
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/misc/perf-tuning.html

Of course the document already contains a warning about being irrelevant.

Some sections of the document refer to Apache 1.2 ; my "favorite"
extract is probably :
"As HTTP/1.1  becomes more prevalent, and all connections are
persistent, this expense will be amortized over more requests.".

Also, a very long section speaks about performance problems when
multiple Listen directives are set. I would think this has been
addressed by issuing internal requests (or has it not ?)

I am not competent to review the content of this document myself, but I
think it deserves it. It would be extremely nice if a developer who
knows about these could take a bit of time to remove oldies from that page.

BR,

Vincent

PS : however, since the french translation is done and reviewed, I just
commited it.