httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Getting pool associated with current thread/child
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 23:34:29 GMT
Brian McCallister wrote:
> So, in mod_lua I need to get the apr pool associated with the current
> thread (that being the main thread if in prefork).
>
> Paul suggested that this is not possible, presently, and suggested
> adding a current_thread field to the request_rec, which each mpm would
> need to ensure is correct when it does things with the request (I
> would be more specific, but "does things" is as detailed as I can go
> at the moment ;-).
>
> Alternately, an APR function like apr_current_thread(): *apr_thread_t,
> would, I believe satisfy my need as I believe I can get the pool from
> the thread struct.
>
> Not sure the best path forward, suggestions?
>
> -Brian

apr_os_thread_current()
Its already in APR and IIRC, mod_perl is using it, is that not what you want ?

Consultant          - P6M7G8 Inc.                http://p6m7g8.net
Senior Sys Admin    - RideCharge, Inc.           http://ridecharge.com
Contractor          - PositiveEnergyUSA          http://positiveenergyusa.com
ASF Member          - Apache Software Foundation http://apache.org