httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: use of APR_SENDFILE_ENABLED in mod_disk_cache
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 21:03:38 GMT

On 02/07/2009 09:02 PM, Lars Eilebrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> mod_disk_cache uses the following in open_entity():
>
>  #ifdef APR_SENDFILE_ENABLED
>     flags |= APR_SENDFILE_ENABLED;
>  #endif
>     rc = apr_file_open(&dobj->fd, dobj->datafile, flags, 0, r->pool);
>
> Maybe I'm getting confused with the various APR_SENDFILE
> defines, but shouldn't we be checking for the setting of
> the EnableSendFile directive as well?
> If httpd was build on a platform providing sendfile support
> then I guess APR_SENDFILE_ENABLED is set and we would always
> be using sendfile when serving files from the cache,
> regardless of the setting of the EnableSendFile directive.

IMHO this is correct. The problem is that we do not know at this
point of time how EnableSendFile is set. We are in the quick handler
and have not done any directory walks (and in fact if the cached
entry is good we never will).
So the only option I see here is to add another directive for
mod_disk_cache to determine what should be done.

Regards

RĂ¼diger