httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <>
Subject Re: Using gzip and CustomLog
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:00:21 GMT
On 23.01.2009 08:45, Paras Fadte wrote:
> Can you please tell me in which file ?

I assume you are building rotatelogs from within the httpd sources.

There is a file support/Makefile, which contains a line

$(LINK) $(rotatelogs_LTFLAGS) $(rotatelogs_OBJECTS) $(PROGRAM_LDADD)

Simply add "-lz" at the end of the line:

$(LINK) $(rotatelogs_LTFLAGS) $(rotatelogs_OBJECTS) $(PROGRAM_LDADD) -lz

In case you don't know what a Makefile is and how it basically works,
you need to read about how to do C software development.

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Rainer Jung<>  wrote:
>> On 23.01.2009 07:55, Paras Fadte wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I get following error when I try to use "compress" function of zlib in
>>>   "rotatelogs.c" . I have included "zlib.h" in rotatelogs.c .
>>> /home/paras/httpd-2.0.55/support/rotatelogs.c:294: undefined reference
>>> to `compress'
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> Is it linking error ? where should I make the changes to eliminate this
>>> error?
>> Add -lz to the linking flags.

View raw message