httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r735093 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/mpm/winnt/child.c
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:09:34 GMT
On 19.01.2009 19:48, Rainer Jung wrote:
> On 19.01.2009 18:33, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> I built trunk on XP today. When trying to run it, I get a restart loop
>>> for the child process, and the error log contains repetitions of:
>>
>>> [Sun Jan 18 19:20:43 2009] [notice] Child 4556: Starting thread to
>>> listen on port 8000.
>>> [Sun Jan 18 19:20:43 2009] [error] (OS 10038)Ein Vorgang bezog sich auf
>>> ein Objekt, das kein Socket ist. : Child 4556: Encountered too many
>>> AcceptEx faults accepting client connections. Possible causes: dynamic
>>> address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software.
>>
>> I'd love to know what leads into this WSAENOTSOCK ... failing to recycle
>> the socket or the listener socket falling apart. Needs review, maybe some
>> extra magic to log this distinction.
>>
>> The "falling back on 'none'" is going to be a problem till I finish that
>> code this week. I'm actually attacking two problems, having each listen
>> thread pay attention to up to 62 different sockets, and adding the
>> required
>> classic accept() logic. So... this listener may be accepting on both the
>> classic listen logic and the AcceptEx logic on different listeners at the
>> same time.

When running with httpd -X, I can't observe the problem. Inspecting the
structures indicates, that the problem might actually be the listen
socket in AcceptEx (nlsd), not the accept socket.

Could be, that there's something wrong with the code that copies the
listen sockets from the main process to the child.

Regards,

Rainer