httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HTTP server 2.3.1-alpha
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:02:55 GMT
On 08.01.2009 19:33, Paul Querna wrote:
> Vote closed with one -1, and no other votes.
>
> I guess 2.3.1 was DOA.
>
> I think the issues that killed it have been fixed in trunk. Thoughts on
> starting 2.3.2 early next week?

There is not yet any fix in trunk for the delayed closing of files when
using HTTP KeepAlive (a pool lifecycle issue).

I'm not sure whether that is a show stopper for an alpha, but RĂ¼diger
had the intention of trying to fix it.

See:

http://marc.info/?t=123102466200005&r=1&w=2

It's a problem specific to trunk. You'll quickly run into out of file
descriptors whenever concurrency times KeepAliveRequests is bigger than
the allowed number of FDs (content files are only closed at the end of
the connection instead of end of request).

Regards,

Rainer