httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r730835 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/core.c
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 18:16:17 GMT
Ruediger Pluem wrote:
> As I dig deeper into this I think that the whole AcceptFilter config
> is busted:

Ahhh, better explanation, thanks!

Note AcceptFilter is ONLY accepted in the global context, so all that
logic below was nonsense.

> ap_apply_accept_filter allows you set up individual accept filters
> for each listening socket. This seems right to me.
> OTOH AcceptFilter only allows you to do a global mapping of protocols
> to accept filters.
> Thus if I want to have two different listeners with the same protocol
> but different accept filters I cannot do this configuration wise.
> This doesn't seem correct to me.
> Furthermore if all this stuff is global the following loop from
> listen.c::ap_setup_listeners doesn't really make sense to me:

You can, as long as they are named by different protocols.  There's really
not a logical reason for "extra flexibility" by protocol.  If one host
exists only to deal with some broken client, "http_borked" protocol name
for that IP would be fine.

> Why do we need to iterate over the server recs then (2nd loop)?
> The config information about protocol filter mappings should be
> only in the main server rec.

Sounds right.

View raw message