httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r730881 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: configure.in support/Makefile.in
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2009 01:06:24 GMT
On 03.01.2009 02:02, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> rjung@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: rjung
>> Date: Fri Jan  2 16:58:11 2009
>> New Revision: 730881

>> Log:
>> We need to link only ab against libm (because of
>> sqrt()).
>
> Uhm - sure that mod_status and a few others didn't also need this
> on some platforms due to double/float arithmetic (statistics?)

It's always hard to be sure for all platforms, but at least it works on
Solaris and Linux, and I can't find any libm symbols in mod_status.

The floats there are only used in simple divisions and printf.

As I understand it, Windows builds are not influenced by these changes,
because they use a separate build apparatus?

Regards,

Rainer