httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r730835 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/server/core.c
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 21:50:18 GMT

On 01/02/2009 10:27 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>> Otherwise the table will not be empty anymore in the case that
>> neither APR_HAS_SO_ACCEPTFILTER nor APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT is set.
>
> Uhm ... huh?  What gave you the idea that APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT
> is a volatile?  It's present in apr 1.3 (our baseline) and will
> be sticking around into the foreseeable future.
>
> It is neither a HAS nor HAVE feature flag.  In fact it's the reason
> I started refactoring this code, it was complete twaddle.

Ahh, sorry I missed this point. I guess in this case the #ifdef from the
following code in listen.c should also go away:

#ifdef APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT
        rv = apr_socket_opt_set(s, APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT, 30);
        if (rv != APR_SUCCESS && !APR_STATUS_IS_ENOTIMPL(rv)) {
            ap_log_perror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, rv, p,
                              "Failed to enable APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT");
        }
#endif

Regards

RĂ¼diger