httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_dbd issues
Date Thu, 01 Jan 2009 21:13:55 GMT

On 01/01/2009 05:50 PM, Matthew Rushton wrote:
> Hi,
>   I'm trying to use mod_dbd for a Linux module with a Postgres backend and am running
into a bunch of issues. It seems easy enough but all my queries are failing becasue I'm not
getting back a valid db handle either. Here's my httpd.conf:

> LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so
> DBDriver pgsql
> DBDParams "hostaddr=192.168.1.2 dbname=******* user=******* connect_timeout=2"
> DBDMin 5
> DBDKeep 20
> DBDMax 50
> DBDExptime 120
>
> and in my module code:
>
>         //connect to database
>         dbd = ap_dbd_acquire(r);
>         //I get back a non-null dbd value
>         PGconn *conn = apr_dbd_native_handle(dbd->driver,dbd);
>         ...do stuff...
>
> When I connect with the native Postgres function things work just fine. I've tried this
on CentOS 5 and FC9 with the same behavior. On CentOS 5 I'm getting these errors as well when
trying to restart (this is not with my module even loaded, simply just by loading mod_dbd):

> *** glibc detected *** /usr/sbin/httpd: corrupted double-linked list: 0x08ecb7a8 ***
> [Thu Jan 01 11:11:41 2009] [warn] child process 25480 still did not exit, sending a SIGTERM
>
> At a bit of a loss, with the exception of recompining apache with debug I'm not really
sure how to tackle the issue, perhaps it's a simple issue someone may know right away. Thanks.
> -Matt

I assume that you use the CentOS provided httpd version. This is fairly old. Please retry
with the latest one and let us know if you still have problems.

Regards

RĂ¼diger